Monday, June 16, 2008

The Real Deal.....

Storm home game tonight. I love watching LIVE home games. It is like you are a part of it. I want to cry during the starting line up. (sometimes I do.) I am so into the game that I cannot contain myself. My gf and I have to stand in the absolute last row even when we have 4th row tickets because we feel the need to stand half the game, which we should just start buying last row tickets....they are cheaper and we are not very rich.

My gf says all this proves maybe we should both be coaches or something. I would love to be a middle school basketball coach. Teaching little girls how to play the game at that age when they are just discovering what they really like to do. That is when I got into basketball. I was 13. That's when my love affair started. And I could take them to Storm games. How fun would that be? Showing them professional women's basketball would be awesome. That is another part of the reason I have such love for this years Storm team. I grew up watching the career of Sheryl Swoopes. I loved her game and then when she had the courage to come out, I loved her even more. (for obvious reasons) To finally have her on MY side, is awesome. Every year I love each Storm team for different reasons. And this year is no different. This team is slow to get going but I think they are going to start lighting it up as some of these other teams cool down (Minnesota/Conneticut). Just like Phoenix is going to heat up too. That was not some easy-schmeezy victory we had against them. They are a good team capable of playing some beautiful basketball. I love the run and gun game. It is exciting. While the same can be said about running your plays and getting beautiful plays off of them, it is also nice to let the players play a lot on instinct. That is why Phoenix is hot and cold. We are so hot and cold right now. But then you see this awesome basketball played. As soon as this Storm team develops the ability to play like that all the time, watch out! I just keep thinking about the 2004 team. It wasn't like at the beginning of the season everyone was saying, "We are gonna win the championship this year." But this year, I am thinking....we could win this. Anyone could this year and it could be us. We are a good team. We can play good basketball. And we are going to tonight.

GO STORM!!!

No comments: