Saturday, June 21, 2008

Storm vs. Fever June 20th, 2008

Good overall effort last night from our team. We still cannot get it together and play 4 solid quarters of basketball but overall I felt we were just bound and determined not to lose last night. I would like to see that kind of spirit and intensity every night.

Tanisha was an awesome spark for us on both ends of the floor last night and that is what I like to see from her. I was paying very close attention and Katie Douglas did not score while Tanisha was defending her. She seemed very frustrated by Tanisha's defense. It seems like Agler puts her in on the hard to defend quick players. So far this year, T has frustrated the hell out of Cappie Pondexter, Lindsey Whalen and now Katie Douglas. I like to see her progress as a player and I like serving up some big plates of crow to all the Tanisha haters out there.

We were outrebounded again but not by the huge margins we have in the past which is an improvement. Swin was a rebounding machine last night. I like to see her be aggressive on the boards. She is a good jumper and gets a lot of heights and I think it gives her an oppurtunity for the put back. If I could say anything, I think Swin did miss a few easy layup like put backs. Now whether she was fouled or not, I cannot say. I felt the refs last night were inconsistent on what they called. Luckily for the Storm this game, most of the inconsistencies went in our favor this time. As we all know, that is not how it normally goes.

Turnovers were a definite keyto the game for both teams as well. We took care of the ball really well and they did not. We capitalized on their turnovers (25 points off 22 turnovers) and they did not score a single point off our turnovers and that is huge. If you turn the ball over and can recover on the defensive end and get a stop, that is wonderful and the Storm did that tonight. I think they must have worked on our transition defense because I felt it was something we struggled with.

I look forward to the LA game with us having 2 days off because as everyone has pointed out, we are 5-0 when we have had 2 days rest. Also I hope that Swin gets in double figures because when she reaches double figures, we are undefeated.

BEAT L.A.!

No comments: